After understanding the client’s call center processes, a gap evaluation was conducted to compare compatibility with Microsoft Dynamics 365. Our team developed a Proof of Concept (POC) baseline functionality to prove compatibility with business processes in a Dynamics 365 cloud-based environment.
Next, an implementation roadmap was defined in collaboration with the executive leadership team to determine how to define, build, and roll-out Dynamics 365 to end users. A phased roll-out strategy was selected which required bi-directional data integration between Dynamics 365 and legacy applications. Data integration was critical to allow the business to move forward seamlessly with no interruptions.
Complex business rules and processes required a highly customized Dynamics 365 implementation including multiple integrations with third parties, plugins, workflows, business rules, and configuration. Where applicable, out-of-the-box functionality was utilized or extended to support the requirements.
Functionalities built included:
- Bi-Directional Data Integration with BizTalk
- Integration with third parties including:
- Address Validation
- Calculation of state, city, county and municipality taxes
- Resource capacity and scheduling/booking of assets to perform jobs
- Phone integration with Interactive Intelligence phone system
- Automated lookup of customer information into ERP
- Customized lead-to-sale process including:
- Modified qualification event
- Automated form updates per stage of business process flow
- Scenario-driven business and data rules
- Automated execution of business rules on customer inbound call to determine if sales agent can proceed
- Creation of case management and resolution process
- Automated tracking of phone call activities
- Advanced Do Not Call, Do Not Mail and Do Not Email functionality per phone number
- Sales agent call scripting solution to walk agent through phone call
- Complex security model including business unit hierarchy, roles, teams, and permissions
Once functionality was built and delivered, user training was conducted to ensure adoption.
The business has received long-awaited process enhancements making the time within the system more efficient. Having all business units in one system results in a standardized data set, transparency, easier intra/inter departmental communication, and increased responsibility. The IT department can take advantage of new features from Dynamics 365 as they roll out which provides time to focus on developing customized solutions. Time to market for IT to address ad-hoc business requests is much faster – resulting in higher employee satisfaction.
Employees are taking advantage of built-in tools such as dashboards that would have taken valuable IT time to deliver if still on legacy systems. Additional client interaction and case resolution metrics are
now available which previously were difficult to quantify. These metrics track analyze average customer resolution phone call time and diagnose bottlenecks in the process.
Dynamics 365 has delivered greater visibility for employees, enhanced business processes, and enabled the IT department to deliver business critical features and functionality at an improved pace.